Who we are
We are a community of over 40 people in Hamburg Wilhelmsburg, who have developed and created a self-determined living environment together. To provide a safe long-term foundation we want to buy Mokrystraße 1 + 3 to organize, manage and create our surrounding autonomously.
We live as equals in our self-organized community and combine cultural, political, social and ecological matters.
In addition to creating living quarters, our goal is to offer a free space for different kinds of activities in our public area on the ground floor (M1, our non-profit organisation Mokryhuetten e.V.). In cooperation with our neighbours we want to enrich the district we all live in together.
Living in a community makes it possible to realize lots of ideas about social relations and do stuff in alternative, anticapitalistic ways.
Our financial concept
GoMokry* and the Mietshäuser Syndikat are co owners of the GmbH, which owns the house. Due to the co ownership of the Mietshäuser Syndikat it is impossible to ever sell the house for profit. Our house- project herewith plays an important role in neutralizing ownership on the housing market. Our financial plan is built on the following foundations, which have proven their worth in the Mietshäuser Syndikat:
- Direct credits from 500 Euro upwards with an interest rate of a max. of 1,5% given by people, who support us and the Mietshäuser Syndikat Idea.
- Own funds
- Bank credits
The total credit amount is being repaid through our monthly rent. Momentarily our detailed financial plan is getting intensively checked and verified by the Mietshäuser Syndikat and the GLS Bank.
- Decent interest rates.
- Transparency: The use of resources is always clearly stated.
- Your money is being used locally and is not being transferred throughout the global transactions.
- Social support: You will support safe housing with low rents as well as social work instead of profit.
Further information on the financial plan and possibilities of support are given in FAQ’s or through personal conversation.
The Mietshäuser Syndikat
Our project is part of the Mietshäuser Syndikat (apartment-house syndicate), a nationwide union of housing projects. Benefits of this fusion are:
- Networking and exchange with over 100 successful projects and over 20 project initiatives
- Support and counseling based on 25 years of experience and control of our financial plan
- Solidarity between the projects (also in financial regards)
- Guarantee that our house will never become an object of speculation in the property market again
- Safety of low rents for the inmates over decades